Onion is a natural ingredient in the refrigirator, but did you know that it, besides tasting well, has a wide range of benifits for your health?
Here are 7 things you can expect from eating raw onion:
- The phytochemicals in onions improve the working of Vitamin C in the body, thus gifting you with improved immunity.
- Onions contain chromium, which helps regulate blood sugar.
- Onions reduce inflammation and heal infections.
- Raw onion increases the good cholesterol (HDL) in your body.
- The quercetin in onions can play a significant role in preventing cancer.
- After being bitten by an insect, apply onion juice on the area for immediate relief from the pain and burning sensation.
- Onions scavenge free radicals, thereby reducing your risk of developing gastric ulcers.
And one last point: Only eat fresh, raw onion, not the one you peeled the deay before. If you open an onion and put it in the fridge, it sucks up a lot of bacteria from the air.